ICYMI: All from Today’s PlayStation Showcase
It’s been close to a year now since the PlayStation 5 was launched. The gaming giant has kept a lot of cards close by its chest since then. Some State of Plays (States of Play) has occurred. There have been some State of Plays (States of Play? ), but the big show blowouts that one might expect to see from a major show were mostly stymied due to the global pandemic in many forms. Today’s PlayStation Showcase was an attempt to break that trend. We’re here to run down the announcements and other interesting notes.
- The presentation starts with about one minute and a quarter of weird chess before moving into a speech from Jim Ryan, chief of PlayStation.
- Aspyr has revealed a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remaster. Aspyr is a well-known company that brings older Star Wars games to modern consoles but with fewer overhauls. Knights of the Old Republic is a PS5 exclusive.
Project Eve is the second game on display. Project Eve is an action title that takes place in a futuristic setting with a female protagonist. When it was first announced, the Korean game cited Nier Automata as an inspiration. It is now coming to PS5.
- Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands receives the first gameplay trailer to Babymetal music. Even with the fantasy setting, this game is quite different from Borderlands faire.
- Square Enix presents Forspoken again, this time showing the non-fantasy part of the game’s settings. The protagonist is transported from New York City to a fantasy world. The trailer was packed with gameplay and concluded with a Spring 2022 release date.
- After a delay, Rainbow Six Extract returns to the screen. The trailer ends with a reminder about the January 2022 release.
- Alan Wake Remastered, which was recently announced by Remedy, gets a trailer spot here at the show with an October 5 date.